It has been over eight years since the charter for the TMF Reference Model was published (April 2009). A lot has changed in those eight years but the charter has remained the same. So the Steering Committee felt it was high time for a review!
The Steering Committee are pleased to announce the publication of a revised version of the charter. This revision includes much content that is largely the same as the original version, though structured a little differently to make the text flow more logically. However, the new charter also includes some changes to recognise where the project is today:
- includes governance of the project by a Steering Committee;
- includes the requirement for Steering Committee members to also be DIA members (the project is a working group within the DIA Document & Records Management Community);
- recognises the valuable contribution made by non-DIA members;
- includes the maintenance of member information (to comply with data protection regulations);
- includes the maintenance of this website: and
- clarifies the scope of the project.
On the final point – project scope – the Steering Committee recognised that from time to time the project team had got involved in several issues that, whilst being important and related to TMF management, they were not directly related to the development or implementation of the TMF Reference Model. The new charter clarifies the limited scope of the project and will work with the DIA Document & Records Management Community to progress activities that are out of scope.
The new document can be found on our Resources web page.